Elevate Business Performance understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients & suppliers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
We will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR (2018) in the way we use and share your personal data. Among other things, this means that we will only use your personal data:
- Fairly and lawfully
- As set out in the legislation and this policy
- To the extent necessary for these purposes
- We will process your personal data ourselves as the data processor.
Information about us
Data Controller/ Data Processor: Tim Gardner.
7 The Clockhouse,
Cotford St Luke,
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone number: 01823 216555
Registered as limited company ELEVATE BUSINESS PERFORMANCE is a Trading Name of Gardner Logistics (UK) Ltd in England and Wales under company number: 11108011.
About this policy
What does this notice cover
This Privacy Information explains how we use your personal data: how it is collected, how it is held, and how it is processed. It also explains your rights under the law relating to your personal data.
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we hold
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data held by us to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
You can complain to Elevate Business Performance directly by contacting our data protection officer using the details set out above.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how we collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would be grateful if you would contact us first, if you do have a complaint, so that we can try to resolve it for you.
What personal data do we collect?
Elevate Business Performance will only collect personal information when you specifically and knowingly provide it to us. Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data may include your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Technical Data may include your login data, internet protocol addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data may include your username and password, purchases or orders, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data may include information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- Strictly necessary cookies are cookies that are required for the operation of our site.
- Analytical/performance cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
Mobile device privacy
The following applies to our site, when viewed on a mobile device:
When accessed with a mobile device, our site may collect information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you have, device identifiers, and information about your use of the site. Regardless of the device you use to access the site, it will also collect information you provide, as well as information about your interaction with the site and its content.
If location services are activated on your mobile device, our site may collect information about the location of your device. Your mobile network service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a device identifier, when you use our website or one of our mobile applications. This information collected by your mobile network service will not be associated with your user account with us, or with your personally identifiable information.
Third party sites
This website contains links to other websites. Please be notified that Elevate Business Performance cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage all visitors to be aware and read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Links to other sites
Our website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any of those external websites.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
- Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise
- Order products or services
- Email communications
- Create an account on our site
- Subscribe to our service or publications
- Request resources or marketing be sent to you
- Enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey
- Give us feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions: As you use our site, you may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
About your data
How we use your personal data
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data will be used for the following purposes:
- To respond to your queries and requests;
- To communicate with you;
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Supplying you with information by email or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing us or unsubscribing from the email.
From May 2018, we will ask you to “opt-in” for most communications. This includes all our marketing communications (the term marketing is broadly defined).
This means you’ll have the choice as to whether you want to receive these messages and be able to select how you want to receive them (post, phone, email). You can decide not to receive communications or change how we contact you at any time.
If you wish to do so please contact us using the details listed towards the bottom of this page.
What does ‘marketing’ mean?
Marketing does not just mean offering things for sale, but also includes news and information about:
- benefits and offers;
- our events;
- products, services and offers (our own, and those of third parties which may interest you);
- changes in legislation regarding the service we offer;
- changes in the world of marketing which may affect your business and our service.
When you receive a communication, we may collect information about how you respond to or interact with that communication, and this may affect how we communicate with you in future.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- We keep your personal information for the minimum period as described by HMRC which is 7 years.
- Your intellectual files that may also contain your personal information are kept for an indefinite period securely on our in-house servers and only deleted on request.
Do you share my personal data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception. In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How you can access your personal data
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown below. We will respond to your subject access request within 7 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
We want to ensure you remain in control of your personal data. Part of this is making sure you understand your legal rights, which are as follows:
- the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold (this is known as subject access request);
- the right to have your data erased (though this will not apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason);
- the right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; and
- where technically feasible, you have the right to personal data you have provided to us which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract. This information will be provided in a common electronic format.
Please keep in mind that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £50 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Data storage and security
How and where do we store or transfer your personal data?
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We take your privacy very seriously, and will take all reasonable steps to protect your personal data, but please be aware that any data which you send to our site is sent at your own risk. All of your data is stored on encrypted servers compliant with GDPR
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When you give us personal information, or data, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
How do I contact you?
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details (for the attention of Tim Gardner).
7 The Clockhouse,
Cotford St Luke,
Data Controller/ Data Processor: Tim Gardner
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 01823 216555
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection. Any changes will be made available on our website. https://elevatebusinessperformance.com.